Logic Pro 8 USB to XLR Mic Problem in Logic

guitarist01

Hi all, I'm new to logic but already I'm having problems!!!

I'm trying to use an XLR to USB cable to connect my microphone to my computer. When I connect it to Garageband it works fine (well as fine as it can work in Garageband) but when I try and use it in logic it doesn't work properly.

When I go to audio preferences and change the device to my mic, I no longer get any output. I can't hear any of the other tracks and I can't hear myself singing through the mic. The vocal still records and the sound bars at the side move up and down but I can't hear anything and I can't find a way to switch the audio out to the headphones.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Hi

It's a cable with an inbuilt sound card which connects a usb port to an XLR microphone. When plugged into Garageband it comes up as an input device but I can still listen to the other track I'm recording vocals over through the headphones while I record and I can also hear the mic. Problem is garageband isn't great for recording vocals in as it's either too quiet or peaking too much. Being the reason I want to use Logic as I have that as well but don't have as much experience in using it.

In logic it will allow me to select the mic (down as 'C-Media USB Headphone Set' - which it also was on garageband) but then I can't get any output in the headphones from the backing track or the mic. But when I hit record the sound levels show up on the track and the bars at the side when I'm singing.

When I unplug the mic the output now comes out of the speakers/headphones of what I have recorded but obviously isn't in time with the other tracks as I couldn't hear them.

So confused, hope you can help me

Upvote 0
Having only just replied to the thread I've now fixed the problem by clicking the input monitoring and then the input button on the recording panel, probably a rookie error but thanks for having a think about it anyway!

Upvote 0
Back