Logic Pro 9 Using keyboard on Mix

There is a way to control Mixer's faders using keyboard and set shortcuts to that?

After the update to 9.1 I've got 2 Logic lauchers, 9.0.0 and Logic 9, why?

Thanks,

There is a way to control Mixer's faders using keyboard and set shortcuts to that?

I assume you're talking about a MIDI keyboard and not the QWERTY keyboard? If so the answer is yes. Some controller type keyboards come with templates you can load already configured for Logic. You can also configure the controller items on any keyboard using the Controller Assignments window. Go to Logic Pro menu>preferences>Control Surfaces>Control Assignments (or do command K). Lots of info in the manual on how to use this.

After the update to 9.1 I've got 2 Logic lauchers, 9.0.0 and Logic 9, why?

I can't remember exactly, but 9.1.1 has some features (including running at 64 bit) that may not work with some older versions of Apple's OS. Someone can fill in with correct info here.

Upvote 0
No, I already know these external controllers. Im talking about controlling the Volume/PAN faders/knobs using my Macbook Keyboard, setting key commands to do it.

About the versions Im talking about two Logic Node, MainStage and Logic 9 Alias in my Applications Folder after the update 9.1. Each App has tow Alias and I dont know if I can delete one...

Upvote 0
After the update to 9.1 I've got 2 Logic lauchers, 9.0.0 and Logic 9, why?,

Whenever there is an update with feature changes (not simply bug fixes), the Logic installer will keep the old version (and append the old version number at the end of the name). This is just in case there is a major enough problem that you want to go back to the old one.

Logic's updaters look to the name of the file, so it will then ignore anything that doesn't have the correct name. So if it's not EXACTLY called "Logic Pro" (and it's not in the applications folder) then it can't be considered for updating. So don't go changing the name of the application.

This applies to several other Apple applications.

Upvote 0
Back