Logic Pro 9 Using Keyboard to trigger Addictive drums

Logic Is Great

Hi all;

I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to trigger Addictive drums with my keyboard. Could someone explain it to me or better yet, send me a template to match my set up? I have wasted 8 hours so far! :brkwl:

DIGI 003 Rack
Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz Core 2 Duo
Roland ED PC-70 Midi Keyboard Controller
Logic Pro 9
Addictive Drums (latest version)

AMS

AMS is your friend. You should make sure that you have properly set up your keyboard in OSX 'Audio MIDI Setup' (AMS)

If you have not navigated to Applications->Utilities, launched Audio MIDI Setup and properly configured the MIDI pane to identify your MIDI interface and your MIDI controller, Logic will not be able to trigger instruments using the controller, in this case the Roland. You should also make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your MIDI interface, I'm pretty sure that PC-70 was MIDI only and did not have USB (or USB drivers...)

Once this has all been accomplished, Logic should just kinda 'start playing' the Addictive drums virtual instrument when you instance it.

This is a good example of how having a thorough knowledge of the Mac OS is essential for getting the most out of Logic.

Upvote 0
Jay Asher;

By triggering I mean triggering the drums in addictive drums while recording the midi of the addictive drums.

Eddie;

I did the above set up in the Audio Midi Setup, to the point of running the Midi test to where pressing keys on my keyboard makes a test sound. From there on, I am lost.

Upvote 0
Jay Asher;

By triggering I mean triggering the drums in addictive drums while recording the midi of the addictive drums.

Eddie;

I did the above set up in the Audio Midi Setup, to the point of running the Midi test to where pressing keys on my keyboard makes a test sound. From there on, I am lost.

Email me and I will email you a template.

jay@jayasher.com

Upvote 0
Yeamon, I can't say enough good things about XLN's Addictive Drums. No I don't work for them, just a huge fan that was happy to throw away a bunch of other useless-by-comparison drum apps. Getting back on topic: What's your problem? MIDI, Audio, mapping, etc.

If you have a MIDI device connected, it's important to note that the Addictive DrumKits all start on MIDI note C1, not C3 like some other software.

I actually made a template for AD Drums, you can get it here:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=56270

Give us more detals wouldja, I'm sure someone here can help.

Upvote 0
Back