Logic Pro X Using Klopfpgeist for dedicated click track to IEM - but no click, why?

chalkncheese

Logician
Hi, I have a piece of music in MIDI code which has variable tempo, subtle changes in tempo which are crucial to the feel of the piece. I want to create a click track on a separate track panned hard left, and routed to the in-ear monitor. I thought it was going to easy by creating a new track, selecting Klopfpgeist and away we go, but .. no sound. It works perfectly selecting the Metronome icon and or via the menu / Record / Metronome Settings .. but not via the 'track' as a Klopfpgeist 'instrument'.

That means I cannot use it to automatically track the variable tempo in the piece AND pan it hard left.

There must be something simple I am missing, can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation :)

fuzzfilth

Logician
Try this:

klopf.gif

Upvote 0

chalkncheese

Logician
hmmmm, did that (thanks by the way!), but still no change, still no audio on the track ... I can only get audio on the track if I insert notes manually which is what I want to avoid

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
I literally did just this:

- New Project with but one Sampler track (could have been anything , really)
- Hit Play
- Activate the Click button
- Open Mixer
- Click on All
- Turn Pan left

Nothing else. Can you replicate that ?

Upvote 0

chalkncheese

Logician
Well blow me down, yes... it works in the mixer view but not as a newly inserted Klop track in the Arrange view for some reason. You're right, many thanks Mr Fuzzfilth, that'll do nicely :)

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
Well, a newly inserted software instrument is not connected to the click. Why should it ? Can you imagine the uproar in the congregation if every new instrument would go "bip bop bop bop bip..." all by itself ?

Thinking of it, this might actually be the first step in the longest-awaited and most-requested feature - the elusive Make-A-Hit-Button. Hang on, BRB

Last edited:
Upvote 0