Using Logic with ULN-8 at 192 kHz - problem

garethJones

Logician
There seems to be a problem (on my laptop at least) - the sound of Klopfgeist changes - goes buzzy and thin, as if L & R are somehow not locked. Also quickly checked ES-2 - same problem with changing sounds.

96KHz seems absolutely fine.

Could someone else check this out for me? Could I have a faulty unit, or is it Logic? Using Logic 9.1.3 and OSX 10.6.7

Jon Stern at Metric Halo has been v. helpful (as always) and pointed out that I am prob running out of DSP. So now I am optimizing the MIO mixer and this seems to be helping with the weird noises (that in the meantime are also being generated by my LIO-8 when the DSP usage is greater than 100%

I have a ULN8..When using it with any program, i.e. Spotify, Itunes, ProTools, I get a buzz in the left channel when using 192Mhz/internal clock..And the MIO console program, the I/O-page, saying "DSP used: 135%"..
garethJones taks about "optimizing the console" I dont quite get that?
what does it mean? putting more processing power into it or?

Henrik,
You are overloading the DSP. The "optimizing" Gareth referred to is simply eliminating plug-ins or busses to get the DSP load down to 100% or less.

I now eliminated 4 sends to an external reverb..this put the DSP usage down to 78 %.
But the flutter is still there in the left side...(and on the headset - no doubt it comes from the ULN8) - and that is still playing Itunes or Spotify material in 44.1 with the ULN8 set to 192...but also when using ProTools 192-recorded material...Is it the interface? I am actually consulting a local technician here in Denmark about this...

Back