Logic Pro X Video output in Logic Pro X to projector/LED wall

jclemensfl

Hey all, I'm new here, so I apologize if this has been covered and I can't seem to locate it. I'm sure we were all new once.

I am looking to run a live show with Logic Pro X, featuring a mix of audio tracks, internal click tracks routed to my IEMs, midi commands to my external guitar amp modeler, and a video that outputs to a projector or LED wall.

I can't seem to figure out how to output the Logic Pro video from my HDMI output to the projector/LED wall in manner that only shows the 16:9 video, while I can still see the Logic Pro screens, with all my tracks, on my MacBook. Been playing with mirroring and can't seem to make it work correctly. I'm sure there is something simple I am not doing. Can someone make me feel stupid and let me know what it is?

Or point me to a thread or a video tutorial on the subject?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

volovicg

Logician
No not mirroring - turn that off. You want a dual monitor configuration then move the video to the 2nd monitor. It’s an OS X feature not logic

jclemensfl

No not mirroring - turn that off. You want a dual monitor configuration then move the video to the 2nd monitor. It’s an OS X feature not logic
Volovicg, thank you so much for replying. I'm not near my projector at the moment, but will try this tomorrow. Will the second monitor screen (the projector) just host the video full screen output from Logic, or is it similar to AppleTV, where it will show a reproduction of a second desktop, with menu bar and all?
Any trick or tips I need to be aware of?
Thanks again.

volovicg

Logician
What machine are you running on (laptop) ? Connect the projector via hdmi to the external hdmi of the computer. It is not like AirPlay - you may have to make the video full screen manually. It will be just like using two monitors but the 2nd monitor is a projector

jclemensfl

What machine are you running on (laptop) ? Connect the projector via hdmi to the external hdmi of the computer. It is not like AirPlay - you may have to make the video full screen manually. It will be just like using two monitors but the 2nd monitor is a projector
It's a MacBook Pro. My limited experience has been that outputting video from the Mac to a monitor achieves different results than outputting it to a projector or an LED wall. And many of the LED walls are 16:9, which is slightly different than a Mac screen.
Let me give it a whirl tomorrow and I'll be able to better report what I see. Thanks again for your time. It is greatly appreciated.