Logic Pro 9 Video Tutorials

There are a ton at groove3.com and macprovideo.com. I suggest just renting them per month as you'll get a lot of bang for your buck. I started on the groove3.com videos and this past month I've been using macprovideo. All great.

Upvote 0
Jonathan Perl Tutorial

Our own Jonathan Perl is a Master Logic Educator, he's faculty at The Sonic Arts Center at The City University of New York and his video tutorials are top notch. He's an excellent musician so the tutorials are very enjoyable.

This series has not been updated to 9 yet, but the nuts and bolts of Logic have not really changed so these should be very useful to you:

http://www.zoom-in.com/products/logic-studio-bundle

Also- I've just gone through the Logic 101 Certification through Apple, it's very useful, going through the book and taking the test really gives you an excellent jump on Logic!

Upvote 0
If you are interested in learning Logic 9 from the ground up, a really good video is from macprovideo.com. It's their new "Logic9 101 Core Audio" tutorial.
I got it because I basically jumped from 7 to 9 and needed to learn the fundamental differences between the programs.

Logic Ninja on YouTube is also a good resource.

Upvote 0
For those who are interested, I have a major brand new completely redone Logic 9 Explained tutorial series that is going to be released at groove3.com within a week or so. It's a comprehensive set of tutorials from the ground up. Everything from setting up your system to flex editing.

I am also in the process of completing a smaller series dedicated specifically to Flex editing, which should be out a couple of weeks later.

Upvote 0
(1/16 T echo): macprovideo and Groove3 all great stuff!

I started off with mpv but now prefer Groove3. The Groove3 videos by Eli and Doug Zangar offer an incredible wealth of useful information. The Scott Griggs Tips and Tricks was entertaining as it was informative.

The Apple Pro books with project files on DVD are nothing to sneeze at. Excellent content!

Upvote 0
Groove 3 vs MacProVideo

Agree with CSeye. I prefer the Groove 3 over MPV. However, try a demo from both. Neither are bad, I just connect more with the Groove 3 instructors. Eli, Doug and the Ragin Cajan are excellent.

Upvote 0
Just a thanks for kind words from viewers of the Groove3 videos :thmbup:

I'd love to say go get mine because they are the best, but I can't, because there are a variety of good ones out there. I have all the Groove3 ones and most of the ones from MPV. I've viewed Jonathan's videos as well - very informative. I've learned something from everyone of them.

Style of delivery and content can make a difference. The remark about checking out the free demos is good - see which author might "speak" to you a little more. Also content - make sure the information you need to learn is covered.

Upvote 0
Back