Virtual Instruments

barbworks

Logician
Looking for good strings and orchestra (wood winds) sounds. Suggestions? I need something better than what Logic 8 has now. Cheesy strings!:brkwl:

It is always helpful, when asking questions like this, to mention your budget. Assuming you aren't about to break the bank to spend a lot of money on VSL libraries, right now Soundsonline have some special offers running, they ight be worth taking a look at. The EWQLSO Gold and Platinum are fairly decent libraries, and seem to be good value right now.

kind regards

Mark

Thanks. Sorry for the miss placed thread. Studio Techniques says "...software used in recording/mixing, and other studio/recording related issues" so...

Anyway, $1000 - $1500 is not an issue. Thanks for the EastWest suggestion. I am looking for good sounds that are easy to use in Logic as my students will need to use them and I see there is a possibility of loading it through our Network server. Thanks,
Barb

OK... I am running Logic 8 on iMac G5 2.66Ghz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB SDRAM. I meet the minimum requirements to run EastWest Quantum Leap Gold but it recommends I have a Mac Pro Quad Core. Will it work well on my machine?

OK... I am running Logic 8 on iMac G5 2.66Ghz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB SDRAM.

Err, I presume that it is an intel iMac, and not a G5?

I meet the minimum requirements to run EastWest Quantum Leap Gold but it recommends I have a Mac Pro Quad Core. Will it work well on my machine?

2 GB of RAM is not really going to be sufficient for running that sort of sample library. I did run the EWQLSO on my G5 2 x 2.5 in Logic 7 and OSX 10.4.11 with 4.5 GB RAM without any difficulties, if you have an intel iMac 2.6.6, in terms of CPU speed I expect that it should be OK.

kind regards

Mark

Yes, I have a 2.66 Core Duo Intel with 2 mgs of RAM. I am not sure about the EWQLSO working on that machine.

You can check out Garritan Personal Orchestra, great company and a great product.I am looking for a virtual instrument like Garritan Personal Orchestra. Symphobia sounds really Hollywoodish,but seems to be a collection of patches instead of intelligently programmed instrument.EastWest is coming out with Hollywood Strings,which incorporates both lots of techniques and probably good programming since they've now seen what the current competitors can do.

Back