Legacy Apps Waveburner has died

HKC

Logician
Hi and sorry for posting in the "wrong" place but this is the place where there is still action :)

Since the latest system upgrade Waveburner no longer works here so it's time to get another program with the same possibilities.
The only program that I can find where you can actually master albums and not only single tracks is Wavelab or is there something else that could be recommended.
Ozone is based on "one track at the time" which is not what I'm looking for. Also, It doesn't support DDP or anything that has to do with the actual indexing and matching the tracks to each other in terms of levelling, minor eq touch up etc..
What I need is something like Waveburner where you can take ie a 45 min live file, index it into 12 songs (with individual names), treat each song with individual plugins (VST2/3, I know Steinberg is not crazy about AU), add plugins on the master that goes to all the tracks. Add ISRC and the other hidden codes and then finally either burn it or save it as DDP,
Can Wavelab (or maybe something I haven't stumbled upon) do these things. Back in the day Wavelab and Waveburner were competitors so I would guess that it can easily match the ancient Waveburner but I just want to make perfectly sure.

All the best
Henrik Krogh

Take a look at Triumph from Architect.
http://triumph.aurchitect.com
It has a different workflow but is easy to use once understand. There are free video tutorials and an excellent iBook manual.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXiQJvq_H5xdhbsevYJH69g/videos

Prior to obtaining it, I was trying to wrap my head around Wavelab 8 SE - I like Cubase and HALion a lot. It was incredibly powerful for the low price but I found my self getting headaches trying to read through the manual.

Upvote 0
Another option is to keep an older Mac available that can run Waveburner.

My Mac Pro 1,1 is like a Rosetta Stone of multiple internal drives with various partitions for Mac OSX 10.4.11 through Mavericks with associated versions of music and graphics apps, as well as large storage partitions.

A 2010 MPB has a second internal drive with an OSX 10.6.8 drive with LP9 etc.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies.
I forgot to mention that I do this professionally so I am not looking for a "cheap" solution but more an industry standard. I have googled it quite a lot and the picture is that people in the "one song at the time" business generally use Ozone and in people who line up and compile albums tend to use Wavelab Pro.
I am not worried about the depth and learning curve since I have worked with these kind of things for over 30 years. I am more interested if the programs can actually do what I expect them to and Wavelab Pro seem to be the only one that can do it all.
Also, I already have all the best (or at least most expensive, UAD, Sonnox, Plugin Alliance etc) mastering plugins and I know them very well so I am not at all interested in what the programs can do in terms of native plugins.
Wavelab was also updated to version 9.5 very recently which is reassuring when considering the future.
On top of all that I also qualify for the edu version so it's not as expensive for me as it is in normal resale and being a fulltime musician I can deduct it in tax.
I wonder if there is any technical argument against Wavelab though.....If you have any then please post them. Otherwise I will get Wavelab Pro within the next couple of days.

PS Why in the world did Apple abandon Waveburner. It seems like such a little program to support and it did everything that is needed.....stupid Apple

All the best
Henrik

Upvote 0
But I am quite taken with Triumph (very Waveburner), it's just not very common in Denmark and I fear I may have compatibility problems

Upvote 0
Actually Triumph is so cheap that I just may give it a shot. It seems to be exactly like Waveburner. The only thing I am not sure about is if can index longer files into separate tracks and then treat these with individual plugins, can CSeye help on this subject...

Upvote 0
The only thing I am not sure about is if can index longer files into separate tracks and then treat these with individual plugins, can CSeye help on this subject...

Yes, it can.

A member of the family obtained a very cheesy 1960's Christmas music vinyl record and wanted it converted to CD including all of the scratchy and crackly noises in between the tracks.

It's very easy to drag effects from the lower left panel to the song layers panel at the upper left. The effects shown are for demonstration purposes and were not actually used for this project.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Aurchitect Triumph.png
    Aurchitect Triumph.png
    627 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
Brilliant
I will go for Architect Triumph instead of Wavelab. It seems to be more or less exactly like Waveburner which is reallyn all I need.

Thanks for the help
Henrik

Upvote 0
Back