Logic Pro 8 webcasting from Logic?

studioj

Logician
Hello-

Can anyone think of a way I might be able to stream the audio and video (QT movie) coming from Logic over the web?

Thanks for any ideas-

j

This is fantastic! I'm already familiar with Soundflower (already installed) and already figured out your CamTwist tweak. Studioj, you are quite a genius if I do say so. This even works with Skype!

* Flash based video systems such as
o Stickam.com (Configuration)
o Justin.tv (Configuration)
o Ustream.tv (Configuration)
o Operator11.com (Configuration)
* Yahoo (Configuration)
* Skype (Configuration)
* amsn

Upvote 0
Did you see you can control the framerate in CamTwist in the advanced tab? For Logic audio sessions, this is great because you can slow the frame rate down 1 frame per second. Great for logic instruction or live session playback. Just not great for that live video situation.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that frame rate thing really helps with the processor. I'm getting best video results when I have the camtwist frame rate match the ustream interface framerate. Still at 15 fps, its taking about 26% of my cpu on a 2.6 gHz core duo 2 17" mac book pro. So perhaps your 2 computer solution is still best when you've got a full Logic session running and need the video to be watchable...as per your advice, if all you want to stream is the QT movie in logic you could output via firewire and then firewire into a second system where Ustream and camtwist are running. Ustream can take DV input as its Video source as you said. Then they are just seeing the movie and not your desktop. I'm curious about performance differences between all the systems you mentioned! This is very cool.

Upvote 0
This is fantastic! I'm already familiar with Soundflower (already installed) and already figured out your CamTwist tweak. Studioj, you are quite a genius if I do say so. This even works with Skype!

haha, thanks! couldn't have figured it out without your help though!

The VNC plus nicecast solution I think will still be cool for steering a remote session for me. Working and living in nyc now but doing some time remotely this summer. I think I'll be using both methods...one for recording musicians to my workstation in nyc and the other for realtime review of works in progress. The ustream method would also be great for producing a session remotely, while someone else tracks/runs the session from the host station.

Upvote 0
Wow, 26%? That's a lot. Good case for the 2 computer + video cam idea for sure. That is unless you have a brand new 8-core Mac with multithreading (which I don't); it offers 16 CPU meters in Logic!! My buddy has one (I'm jealous).

Upvote 0
Oh, cool! Good to know!! I agree the CPU issue is a drawback. The screen thing isn't so bad because you can set Boinx and hide it from view. Man, I might even try this out then. It might be a viable work around after all. If I can successfully run a Logic session using VNC and Nicecast, then why not this solution? But I don't want a podcast. I want to broadcast to a web page. Any thoughts?

Podcasts through Podcast Producer can be streamed live to a webpage, saved for upload to a website, or uploaded to iTunes.

I guess some people call them webcasts, but they are both possible with Podcast Producer.

Upvote 0
Back