What happened to the AUNetReceive plugin?

chapito

Logician
Thanks for all the great info here on LUG. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
We (both on LPX, HighS/Big sur) would like to try and use the AUNetSend/Recv plugins to do some remote (outside LAN) tracking.

All the info I can find about these are 2016-ish LP9 and older (obsolete?). Are these AUs no longer in use? We can access the AUNetSend, but for both of us the AUNetRecv isn't showing in the plugin selection menu. (Though its validated and visible in the Plugin manager)

All software is uptodate. Is anyone using this in LPX, or is this a functionality that is withering on the branch?

PS> Im well versed in other methods Jamkazam/Jacktrip/etc. Looking for a built-in LPX solution for collaborating on basic project work 'at a distance' without emailing stems back and forth. Or at the very least a plugin that opens up universal DAW connectivity like a VST or the like. Ideally live tracking would be nice but at a minimum adding background track to a project would do.

Thanks for your insights

Last edited:

bayswater

Logician
AUNetSend, along with all the other AU plugins (22 of them) are all on my two computers I use DAWs on. I've never installed them, and always assumed they come with OS X. They appear in Logic under Audio FX>Audio Units>Apple. I don't see them in the usual folders in the Finder. If they're not appearing in Logic menus, maybe they haven't been turned on in the Logic Plugin Manager.

chapito

Logician
thanks I have them loaded.
Another forum user pointed out: "place the AUNetSend on the channel you want to send and insert a AUNetRecv in a new software instrument strip". And heres a link to another user's setup info.

But I'm curious, WHERE is this OEM information located? how does one learn about these capabilities? I find it baffling that there are all of these features and nowhere to inform yourself (other than relying on the kindness of other users). The AUNet plugin isn't in the LP7 or LPX manuals. Why?

Happy New Year LUG

Last edited:

bayswater

Logician
I don't recall ever seeing any documentation on these plugins. They've been around in OS X as long as I can remember, and anything I couldn't figure out I've just googled. I assume they're not in the Logic manuals because they are not part of Logic. They're part of OS X.