What's your Logic mixdown routine?

ryguy76

Logician
I'm about to begin my mixdown for the first Logic project I've done. Recording and Mixing in the digital is not what I'm used to, so I was curious about how people ready their projects for mixdown. My song has a pretty large track count, larger than I've done before mainly because I tracked vocals differently than I ever had, because I could. I used different tracks for verses, prechoruses, choruses, bridges etc, for ease of doing comps without having overlapping regions and because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I'm not sure it was, I haven't yet decided, but that's what I got at this moment. From there, I bounced down each sections' comps to new tracks and hid/muted the original multi-take tracks. I'm leaning toward starting a new project and just importing all the .wavs that will be needed for mixdown for a cleaner layout and workflow. I'll bounce the the comp tracks down to 1 lead vocal, and any track that needs bouncing to "print" pitch and timing help.

Does any one do this type of thing or just work with all the unwanted tracks muted and hidden?

Any advice for work flow quite welcome.

Thanks,
Ryan

I'm about to begin my mixdown for the first Logic project I've done. Recording and Mixing in the digital is not what I'm used to, so I was curious about how people ready their projects for mixdown. My song has a pretty large track count, larger than I've done before mainly because I tracked vocals differently than I ever had, because I could. I used different tracks for verses, prechoruses, choruses, bridges etc, for ease of doing comps without having overlapping regions and because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I'm not sure it was, I haven't yet decided, but that's what I got at this moment. From there, I bounced down each sections' comps to new tracks and hid/muted the original multi-take tracks. I'm leaning toward starting a new project and just importing all the .wavs that will be needed for mixdown for a cleaner layout and workflow. I'll bounce the the comp tracks down to 1 lead vocal, and any track that needs bouncing to "print" pitch and timing help.

Does any one do this type of thing or just work with all the unwanted tracks muted and hidden?

Any advice for work flow quite welcome.

Thanks,
Ryan

I would save the song as a new project and get rid of the extra stuff making sure I didn't stupidly delete any original files. Backups are your best friend and make a complete backup before doing anything!

If there are any issues you can always reload the tracked version of the song as a reference.

Tony

Back