where can I buy Ram for an older mac?

I think I'm gonna buy 2 gigs of ram for my iMac but I don't know where to buy it. It's not the newest model of iMac so they don't have the ram in the store. Where is a good place to buy a 2 gig stick of ram for an older mac?

thanks!

also, how do I figure out what type of ram my computer has, so I know what type of ram to buy?
I bought RAM for my Mac Pro from OWC Computing. Their website is:
http://www.macsales.com/
There is a thorough form you need to fill out on their site so that they can match the exact type of RAM sticks to your iMac.
I found them to be fast, cheap & excellent in quality.

Other companies are Crucial, Memory X and Viking.

Ok this is gonna sound dumb but check it out. I ordered ram from macsales.com, got it in the mail and everything was going good.

I watched the vid on macsales.com on how to put the ram in my iMac, it looked ez enough. I have a '07 aluminum iMac.

There is one little screw that you have to unscrew but I cannot get it open! I screwed it forever but it will just not open. The guy in the vid did this no problem. I think I might have stripped it out or something!?

What should I do?? Ugh I don't think I have apple care anymore. is that little screw like tough to open or what, any suggestions?

There is one little screw that you have to unscrew but I cannot get it open! I screwed it forever but it will just not open. The guy in the vid did this no problem. I think I might have stripped it out or something!?

What should I do?? Ugh I don't think I have apple care anymore. is that little screw like tough to open or what, any suggestions?
UGH.
I am sorry to say, it probably IS stripped. :confused:
My 8 year old son has a hand-me-down Mac Mini and about a year ago I had bought more RAM to install on it and watched a vid on how to do so.
Well, those Mac Mini's are build like an intricate sandwich; components inter-lock on top of other components like a puzzle. :eeek:
Well, there was one screw that I could not budge. It just turned & turned. :brkwl:
I finally forced it out, (knowing it was a mistake,:smashscreen:) but for what this computer was to be used for, I just wanted to get the RAM inside it and move on.
After finally snapping the RAM into place, re-assembling all the layers and re-attaching the Airport antennae, I had ONE screw left over...:eeek:
The Mac-Mini works well 'most' of the time now. -Certainly fine for what my son uses it for (games, educational software and watching kid-vids on certain child-friendly websites,) but forcing anything with a computer is a recipe for problems later...
Are you near an Apple store? Perhaps an appointment with them might 'loosen that screw!'

ha yea well I have a guy who fixes computers to come look at it today so hopefully he can get the ram in there ugh what a hassle the vid made it look ez

The easiest way to figure this out is to look in the manual that came with your Mac.Every Computer ever made can benefit from a ram upgrade.Having enough memory is the very best upgrade you can provide and with today's prices especially you should.