Logic Pro 9 Why can't I see the waveform?

jabo

Logician
Hey Guys -
Jabo here with the same problem as before. I can't seem to get around this. For some reason, while I'm recording bass or guitar using the presonus firestudio mobile, I can see the waveform while I'm recording but as soon as I hit stop, the waveform disappears never to return. The track is there, I just can't see it. WTF? It's driving me nuts!! :angryfire:
Thanks.
Jabo

Can you provide some system details? I'm not saying that they will make it possible to solve your problem, but it is never a bad thing to include them when asking for help.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
go to my profile // contact // send private message // send me a link to a yousendit.com file (or similar) depending on how big it is..

Upvote 0
Indeed sir! Brand new iMAC, 1tb hard drive, 8 gigs ram.
Thanks.

Hey Mark -
My system should have plenty of power yes?

If it is a brand new iMac it should be OK, although you don't mention exactly which model. Also, information about the OS and App versions you are using is at least as important.
kind regards

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I'm afraid it's not got much to do with your system. Waveforms not showing up at all or being recalculated in a totally random fashion is a Logic problem since several versions.
You may want to try a few things such as deleting your preferences and perhaps switching between different audio interfaces. Sometimes that helps. But sometimes it doesn't. It's a Logic problem. Unfortunately.

- Sascha

Upvote 0
Someone offered a workaround that sounded good (can't remember where I saw this, but maybe on this forum) of selecting said audio file in Bin and using the update file information command (or is it not in the Bin?)

Upvote 0
Wow, sounds like a Logic issue. I've just layed down some new stuff and the waveform is coming through OK. Thanks for all your help.
Jabo

Upvote 0
Wow, sounds like a Logic issue. I've just layed down some new stuff and the waveform is coming through OK.

This is exactly what happened to me.
And it clearly shows that it's a Logic issue. Just another one that doesn't get adressed since several versions, *sigh*...

- Sascha

Upvote 0
my solution, same symptoms, to a tee

I bet this has already been said, but it worked for me: preferences-initialize all except key commands.
I also reset my prefs, but I don't think that was the fix.
Nothing "logical" about any of this.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
Back