Logic Pro 9 Why is the Bounce Track in Place feature giving me a stereo region?

Andre Favreau

Logician
I'm using the Bounce in Track in Place feature to bounce my MONO Ac. Guit going through Melodyne Editor only.

Why does my new region end up being stereo?

Probably because the track is outputting to a stereo output. Try outputting it to a mono output and see if the bounce in place behavior changes. I suspect it will. I'm not in front of Logic at the moment to try....

Upvote 0
Guit going through Melodyne Editor only.
It proves that you have just one Melodyne instance inserted on that channel strip which kicks out the George's worries - does not it?
If yes, then check out the Eli's recommendations etc. In any case your final track is not a true stereo. The result AT track is set to a stereo track mode (for some reason) but it does not mean that the signal is stereo - so take care ...:thmbup:
A.G

Upvote 0
Following the same subject, do you guys find there's a difference in sound quality when comparing:
a) Bounce Track in Place
b) Export Region, Track or Tracks
c) Bouncing in Realtime
d) Bouncing Offline...

When I compared them, I wasn't sure about the Bounce Track in Place quality compared to Export Track

Upvote 0
Bouncing and exporting are used for different purposes. There's really no reason to export unless you're planning on using those files in another application. If you're going to be using them in Logic, bouncing in place is the way to go. I've never heard any difference, though, to answer your question.

Upvote 0
I just made some tests and the fact that it outputs to a stereo output doesn't make Bounce in Place go stereo.

I think it's because of the: "Include Volume/Pan Automation" check box when we choose that feature. That would be logical!

Upvote 0
forgetr

When we export a track or a region, we can choose if we want the Effects Plugin or not... so I don't think that the difference.

The only difference I can see is that bouncing goes through the Outputs, but not the Exporting. Does that make sense? Any other difference?

Upvote 0
Back