Logic Pro X Why is the Project Audio Browser still so funky.

jrain

I have had bad relations with the LProX project audio window for years. This is the most irritating example: When editing, as soon as I finish with an item, adding a region or editing a name, the list scrolls away taking my work out of sight and losing my context in the file list. Even when I have only 20 or 30 files it is a pain to always have to search again and again for where I was working. This has been a problem over many years of updates. I cant find anyone else complaining but I can’t imagine how it’s something about my setup or why no one at Apple notices this behavior. Any advice or experience?
[LPX 10.4.8, mbpro17” 2015 HighSierra]

fuzzfilth

Logician
The list does not scroll away here, unless I want it to. On the contrary, if I select a Region in the Main window, the Project Audio window scrolls to make that selected Region visible. Also, you can't find anyone else complaining. This means it is something very specific to your setup.

Upvote 0

jrain

Thanks Christian! You pushed me to meditate: “what would be most likely culprit ...hmm”: 1st guess, a mouse driver. Bingo!. One that should have been uninstalled a long time, and mismatched to the wrong mouse. With just a trackpad logic behaved like it shoud.

Upvote 0