Logic Pro X Why isn't this bounce working? (screen capture vid embedded)

monobass

Logician
See video below for quick illustration of my problem.

I'm really stumped about this, I used Logic 7 & 9 a lot, had a couple of years off working on Nuendo projects, but jumped back into Logic Pro X. I'm having very basic problems with pretty much the default setup though... I can't bounce all tracks!

When I audition the stereo output, I can hear both the blue (track 1) and red (track 2) audio files.

When I do a realtime bounce of the stereo output I only hear the blue files though.

And when I bring the exported file back into Logic it's confirmed, only track 1 was exported... why?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

monobass

Logician
ok a little more info... only the track selected gets output.

The only setting I can see in terms of preferences about track selection is 'input monitoring only for selected track' and that is switched off.

I'm pretty sure I don't have solo mode on... I'd hear that on playback right?

help :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

monobass

Logician
More info

OSX 10.9.3

Macbook Pro Late 2013 - 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Logic 10.0.7

I've noticed people saying OSX 10.9.4 is more stable?
 
Upvote 0

CSeye

Logician
All unmuted tracks within the locator range will Bounce.

Perhaps the project file is corrupt. Try opening a new Empty project template, then start again.

Have you repaired Permissions lately?
I use Cocktail and run it at least a couple of times per month. (Audio components needs to be unchecked in the Clear caches section).

No such issues here.

10.9.4 is stable but it doesn't have any thing to do with your situation, especially with a powerful new Mac and plenty of RAM.
 
Upvote 0

monobass

Logician
Hi,

No actually I haven't repaired permissions for probably the 6 months I've owned the computer, I kind of forgot I was in the honeymoon period. I will try out Cocktail thanks.

Bouncing it out as seperate tracks and creating a new project wouldn't be the end of the world.. but as I'm embarking on a period of really heavy use of Logic I really wanted to know if this is user error or something more like a project corruption as you suggest :(

Steve
 
Upvote 0

monobass

Logician
Repairing permissions didn't help.

I think it's time to start writing down mixer and plugin settings and recreate the project. :eeek::tongue:

To be fair I just had a memory of doing that for an extremely complicated 64 track project in Logic 7, so this isn't unprecedented I suppose. Just rubbish :brkwl:
 
Upvote 0

monobass

Logician
Ok it's fixed.

The problem it seems was that my preferences were being displayed incorrectly!

In Settings > Synchronization, Sync Mode was showing as set to Internal. However when I disable a Midi Clock destination and returned to that page it was now showing Manual.

If I set to internal then I no longer have the problem. If I reset to manual then the problem reoccurs.

So I guess I can't trust what the sync preferences tell me :eeek: :brkwl:

Maybe I should stick with Logic 9 or Nuendo :(
 
Upvote 0

CSeye

Logician
Ok it's fixed.

The problem it seems was that my preferences were being displayed incorrectly!

In Settings > Synchronization, Sync Mode was showing as set to Internal. However when I disable a Midi Clock destination and returned to that page it was now showing Manual.

If I set to internal then I no longer have the problem. If I reset to manual then the problem reoccurs.

So I guess I can't trust what the sync preferences tell me :eeek: :brkwl:

Maybe I should stick with Logic 9 or Nuendo :(

Thank you for posting the fix.
So often, a question is asked with no indication of it being resolved.

Again, not seeing the synchronization behavior here, but I'm not hooked up to external hardware at the moment either.
 
Upvote 0

The Modlins

New Member
I know this thread is almost six years old, so you may never see this, but thanks so much for posting this problem and solution! I had a session with the exact same issue, which is weird because it was one of several sessions for a record, and none of the others had this problem. I'm not aware of anything different I did on this one. Anyway, I've been looking high and low for another post that even describes the same problem, and I came across yours, complete with solution! Tried what you did (changing the session synchronization setting from manual to internal), and it solved the problem that has been bugging me for weeks! Thanks so much!!
 
Upvote 0
Top