Logic Pro 9 Will Rewire be available in 64-bit mode soon?

posthorn

Logician
64-bit looks great, but most of my projects use rewire.

Is this incompatibility a problem Apple must wait on propellerheadz to solve?

Or might we see rewire available in 64-bit mode soon?

Thanks!

Is this incompatibility a problem Apple must wait on propellerheadz to solve?

Yes. It is Propellerheads technology. It is up to them to udpate the Rewire technology to 64-bit. It would be illegal for anyone else to even attempt to reverse engineer Rewire.

might we see rewire available in 64-bit mode soon?

Email Propellerheads, and tell them how important it is to you.

Right now, Logic is the only 64-bit DAW on the Mac, so I'll bet that Propheads don't feel 64-bit Rewire is very important. The only thing that will change their minds is a lot of emails from Logic customers who want to see a 64-bit update.

Orren

Upvote 0
There is a lot more that needs to be improved with ReWire than just 64 bit. The fact that any software instruments usage in a ReWire app goes to a single core is archaic in an era where virtually everyone has multi-processor machines.

Upvote 0
There is a lot more that needs to be improved with ReWire than just 64 bit. The fact that any software instruments usage in a ReWire app goes to a single core is archaic in an era where virtually everyone has multi-processor machines.

Hopefully, when they get around to updating Rewire, they'll improve both.

Orren

Upvote 0

Good point, Jay. So far I have not bumped up against that particular problem. It helps that I'm primarily using Kontakt, which seems to have a good way of allocating RAM for use by several processors (if I am understanding that function correctly).

Upvote 0
Back