Logic Pro (X) Install LPx on new comp

LogicJam

Logician
I have LPx 10.4.8 on a Mac with os. 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Now have a 2nd Mac, same os, looking to get same LPx
my App Store only shows (in paid column) LPx 10.7.9. And it won't download to my os (10.13.6. )
Where can I get LPX. 10.4.8 . ? Hopefully for free,
Thx for any help

Assuming that your user name and AppStore login are identical on both computers, you can copy your Logic version from one computer to the other. When you open Logic, it will complain that there is no Sound Library installed and whether you want to install it (you do).

Upvote 0
Thank you. I'll try to follow this path. User name....? Computer user, or Apple user?
And, AppStore login? Do you mean login for purchases. ? My new one does not "have " that, I think because I have not bought anything with that AppStore. (probably thinking wrong)...... Got a tech geek coming to help, maybe solve everything.

Upvote 0
Yes, go to the AppStore and log in with the same credentials that were used on the old computer. Over the years I have used the same computer user name on all my Mac computers and this has always made it easy to port stuff between them. Or, to be honest, it was the other way round, the one time I've tried to outsmart myself by trying to rename an existing user account and still keeping all data, I ran into seemingly endless troubles with file permissions etc. for two days until I gave up and went back. Lesson learned...

Upvote 0
I have LPx 10.4.8 on a Mac with os. 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Now have a 2nd Mac, same os, looking to get same LPx
my App Store only shows (in paid column) LPx 10.7.9. And it won't download to my os (10.13.6. )
Where can I get LPX. 10.4.8 . ? Hopefully for free,
Thx for any help
At a glance, it's not obvious what one should do when installing LPX on a new but old Mac.

On my 10.12.6 Sierra MBP, yep, signing in to the App Store and finding Logic in the Purchased section shows v10.7.9. Now what???

Knowing that LPX10.7.9 is incompatible with Sierra, I clicked on the Install button to see what would happen. Surely, Apple knows that my system is not compatible with the most current version of LPX.

Yes indeed, the option to download the latest compatible version is offered.
Hopefully this will get you up and running.

older version.png

Upvote 0
Hey, thx again. I got it together. Simple really, had to change the Apple sign-in on new comp to old 2014 sign-in, when I bought LPx. It downloaded great, correct version for my os.
How could it have been so frustrating?....one reason is that several online instructions about App Store say to go to left hand bottom corner to change apple sign-in. Not there....checked on 5 comps. finally got smart , found it in top toolbar.
crises over......making music again.
Thx

Upvote 0
Good to hear things worked out.
The App Store layout has changed with recent versions of macOS which is a bit of curve ball.

Upvote 0
Back