Logic Pro (X) Recorder in Quick Sampler

I set up an aggregate device on my Mac to use as an input in Logic.

The aggregate device consists of my Apollo Twin X, my Mackie Big Knob Studio Plus, my USB turntable and my iPhone.

Inside of Quick Sampler, I am using Recorder to sample from an input, and in this case I am using the iPhone as the input.

When I play the audio from the iPhone, I am able to record and see the signal (wave form) recording but I cannot hear any audio as it is recording the sample.

What is the proper set up to hear the sample while it is being recorded?

Ok, so for anyone who ever comes across this, and they are trying to sample something inside of the Recorder in Quick Sampler, all you have to do is set up an aggregate device (there are videos on YouTube that will show you how to do that). Using the Recorder inside of Quick Sampler, all you have to do is select the inputs you will be using. In this case, I had a USB turntable connecting to my Mackie Big Knob Studio Plus which I was using as an interface. The inputs created by the aggregate device for the Mackie turned out to be inputs 17-18, so within the Recorder inside of Quick Sampler, I selected inputs 17-18, and to hear the audio, to the right, there is a button to select for monitors. If you select that you will hear the audio that you are about to sample. I can play a record, set the Recorder to record, and just hit record for whatever area I want to sample, and I can leave it as it, or chop it inside of Logic.

Upvote 0
Back