Logic Pro ADM BWF Export

paulnajar

Logician
I'm finally getting the time to build out my workflow for Atmos music mixing using Logic and no Dolby Renderer. It's going great and so far I only see one hurdle which I think I know the answer to but thought I would ask.

When exporting an ADM BWF for a film or music project I can't see a way to get Logic to do it in realtime rather than an offline bounce. Very annoying for me since the biggest market I envision is to upsell a long list of music production clients I already have and have stereo mixes for to build out Atmos version from. Why it's inconvenient is because in my mixes I use a lot of analog inserts and there is no reason to have to bounce those channels until - of course - when exporting an ADM BWF which I don't think Logic can do in realtime.

My only current workaround would be to do a 7.1.4 bounce (in realtime) and reimport that into a new session and then export the ADM BWF from there. But if I understand correctly the metadata the ADM BWF likes to including is from the mix and would not be there with this workflow idea.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Compliments of the season to all

Back