Logic Pro 9 Bus assignments and importing project data

daveyboy

Logician
I think this has been covered but I couldn't find it. I assume this is a bug or "quirk" when one imports I/O assignments from the media browser. They come in OK, just not on the correct busses. I'm mixing a project this week and am doing a lot of importing settings so have gotten used to having to reassign things immediately. Also, not exactly related, when I have an aux in the mixer and go to add it to the arrange page is there a way to have it end up where I want it? Sorry if I'm braking forum protocol by asking 2 questions in one post:)

Hi Dave,

I have wrestled with both these problems/situations, and haven't found any reliable workaround. When importing tracks that include aux/busses from the import function in the file browser, the aux/bus I/Os do get all messed up. It's a drag. I try and avoid importing them if possible.

And yeah, Logic seems to have a mind of it's own when adding Aux tracks to the arrange Windows. If it is a sub group, it seems to try and place the Aux after the related tracks. But that's the closest I could determine to any cause and effect relationship to the placement.

I know in Pro Tools, it gets added immediately after the selected track. I haven't checked in Logic to determine if the selected track makes a difference in the Aux placement.

Upvote 0
Thx Eli. I'm glad it's not just me. No, it doesn't seem to matter if you have a track selected in the arrange page. If anything it wants to put the Aux next to an existing aux sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Back