Logic Pro HOW DO I MAKE LOGIC PRO TO RECOGNIZE MY PATCHES AS A CHANNEL STRIP IN ORDER TO USE THE BANKS FROM MY MIDI-FOOT???

Guitarpadawan98

Hi everybody, I am new here, I am a Guitarrist that it’s starting to build a set up for my live performances, I will give you an introduction of what I am making to achieve this if case that this can help anyone and also putting some context or you can jump to the Problem part if it’s not of your interest my gear and the process. So what I am using is my interface (Scarlett 2i2 3rd generation), my laptop (MacBook Pro 2020) running Logic Pro, midi-foot controller (live logic blackstar), one overdrive (sd-1 from boss) to make my high gains presets sound good and a reverb so that way I can adjust it depending on the place where I am playing. What I do is that I created a channel and put into him two buses, select them from the mix view, and making them show as Two channel more (you know shortcut with the control T) then I created a summary track with these three (normal channel and the two buses) after that I put and amp sim in everyone of the buses, and start getting creative from there (the buses thing give to the guitar more body in my perspective); so know the next thing, I had to save this as a patch because you can’t save a summary track as a channel strip, so

THE PROBLEM

The midi foot have to modes, “custom mode” and “patch mode”(basically a bunch of banks) when I select patch mode it only changes the channel strips, but it don’t recognize my patches, I had to put the midi in custom mode, have to put a group in each summary track and then assigned a button from the midi, my problem with this is that it limited my options in my midi-foot so I can not do everything that I want, how can I save a summary track in a way that logic recognizes the patch as a channel strip? It’s there any solution? 🥺

Back