Mio Mixing

Liedschatten

Logician
Hi there,

I read about the 80 Bit Mio Mixer Structure and I am wondering if it makes sense to route the mixed signals back to logic and record the final mix there or does this cause a loss of resolution again?
Is it better to record the mix in in the mio recorder then without logic?

Thanks a lot!!
K.

You can work either way; some people find it useful to record the stereo mix back into Logic so that it's included with the session audio. Others use the Record Panel as a two track "master recorder". Either way, you will retain the sound quality of mixing through MIO Console.

Allen

Hey Allen,

another question concerning the Mio mixing:

How much headroom do you suggest when I record the final mix in logic? Also -6DB like with other Signals?

Cheers,
Keno

Hi Allen,

while trying to routing the mio mix back to logic there are more questions coming up.

If I want to push the main fader so that there are -6db in the logic recorder my monitors boost me away. Monitor controller doesn't have any influence on the loudness. How can I manage loudness so that I reach -6DB for recording in Logic and with a pleasant loudness on my monitors?

Thank you!
Keno

Keno,
I need to know what interface you're using and where your monitors are patched to be able to help you further. I'm travelling for a few days and may not be able to get online. You can post the info here and I'll check in when I can (or someone else on the board can chime in), or you can get in touch with support for more direct help.

Allen

Hi Allen,

monitors are plugged to Analog 1&2 on my 2882.

Yesterday I routed the busses directly via FireWire returns into Logic and Not the Masterbus. That worked properly but takes more time.

Thanks in Advance for your help!!
Keno

Route the master bus to FW 1-2 and also send it to the Monitor Controller. Set the Monitor Controller source to be the master bus and create an output path for Analog 1-2. This will let you turn the monitors down if you bring the master fader up.

There is a section of the documentation for the Monitor Controller as well as videos at http://www.mhsecure.com/technotes/ if you need help configuring things.

Allen

Back