Logic Pro (X) Pedalboard and Fades

Lance Nimrod

I recorded a clean guitar track, then added some Pedalboard effects and fades. The fades work only if I remove the turn all of the effects off. Can someone tell me how I can use stomp box models and fades?

Region fades are pre fx and/or amps. If you have hi gain in either fx or amps, this will apply, well, high gain to the region and is fade, making it *sound* like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 16.15.42.png

So the solution is to create an inversely shaped fade, like this:

fade.gif

So it will *sound* like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 16.16.08.png

Upvote 0
I recorded a clean guitar track, then added some Pedalboard effects and fades. The fades work only if I remove the turn all of the effects off. Can someone tell me how I can use stomp box models and fades?
Region fades are pre fx and/or amps. If you have hi gain in either fx or amps, this will apply, well, high gain to the region and is fade, making it *sound* like this:

View attachment 2138

So the solution is to create an inversely shaped fade, like this:

View attachment 2139

So it will *sound* like this:

View attachment 2140
Thanks so much. I will do as you suggest.

Upvote 0
Dude. That's a 15 sec fade you got there. I thought we were talking 500ms tops. If you just want to bring in the guitar, then use Volume Automation. This is after all fx, pedalboards and amps and thus does not affect the distortion you got. If you, on the other hand want the distortion to increase over time, then automate the amp gain.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I‘m sorry. I obviously don’t know what I‘m doing. I recently switched from Ableton Live to Logic Pro X and I guess I’m trying to do things I did in Live. Any suggestions about how I can best learn Logic? Thanks for you patience and help.

Upvote 0
Back