jaanuz

Hi guys,

i really need some expert help here.

I've got:
MacBook Pro (2009) - maybe switching to iMac in the future
Logic Express 9'
Evolution MK425C midi-usb-keyboard
KRK RP6 speakers

So i'm almost set, but now i need audio interface for my music making. And here's where the trouble is. I've selected out 4 options (although, don't like the Emu appearance much..LOL):

• Native Instruments Kontrol 1
• Lexicon Ionix U22
• Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
• EMU 0404

What i'd like to do: Record some vocals (1 channel is enough), maybe lil bit of guitar. In a distant future i'd also like to hook up Native Instruments Maschine or something similar to my setup. Mostly i'm into funk-triphop_house-electronica style of music, don't know if that matters....

PLEEEEEEEEAS PLEAS HELP ME!!!

ps. i almost purchased U22 yesturday caus i found a really bargain offer but then i stumbled upon some problems with snow leopard... now i found out that they have fixed it and it should work ok. Although i still have 10.5.8.

Attachments

• AuIn.jpg
    AuIn.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 187
Focusrite is known for overall quality and good preamps. Although I would not go for the 6 USB but rather for the Saffire Pro 24 because of the better connectivity.

I've no knowledge of the interfaces you mentioned, but I will say that Emu's support for Macs is pretty sketchy.

I've heard nothing but good things about Lexicon interfaces, but if those were my choices I'd go Focusrite as well. I've used their Octopre and the Liquid Mix many, many times and I love them. Actually since they bought Novation I've become a bit of a Focusrite fanboy.

But saffire 24 has too many ports rhat i won't be needing and because of that costs more.... Hmm

saffire 6 in the other hand has usb 1 wich i'm afraid... Maybe without a reason?

Back