Logic Pro (X) Problems loading old VSL EXS24 patches into Sampler on newest Logic Pro

Hi LUG people,
I've got a problem loading some old ESX24 patches into the newest Logic Pro. The patches are some very old - but very good - Vienna Symphonic patches (Opus 1 and Opus 2 symphonic libraries). The ESX24 patches have various key-switches and mod wheel configurations that I always use when I play live.
When I try loading them into the new Sampler, I get a message saying that the Sampler can't find a particular .wav file from the VSL patch library, however when I look, it is actually there. I imagine the transfer is the problem. Is there a workaround for these patches, to transfer the ESX24 setup into the new Sampler format? I really want to keep these patches going, as they are really well laid-out, and I know them well!
Any assistance would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Andrew Harrison

Hello,
Old EXS24 patches should work as expected in the new Sampler instrument.
All of my custom and purchased EXS 24 instruments and samples in separate folders are on an external SSD. Aliases of the instrument collections are placed in the macOS Music>Audio Music Apps>Sampler Instruments folder.

In Logic Preferences>Audio>Sampler tab>Search Samples On: All Volumes.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi CSeye,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I've tried to set up my Logic situation the way you have suggested - ie using an external HD, and aliases. So far, unfortunately, no luck with getting the samples to play. I still receive a message saying that the sampler can't find one particular sample from the patch, even though it is there. I'm going to reinstall the Opus 1 and 2 files, both EXS and WAV files, and see if I can make it work that way.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Andrew

Upvote 0
It looks like the answer may be in this thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, reindexing Spotlight is what I would do first. Reinstalling the samples may have the same effect, but seems simpler and quicker to reindex

Upvote 0
Hi there everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies! It's been a long time since I was on the Logic forum, and to come back and find that people are still willing to provide assistance after being away for so long makes me feel very thankful!

For what it's worth, I tried this Spotlight reindexing on Friday, and from what I can see, nothing has changed. The computer is at work, so I'll have another look at it tomorrow when I get there, however it hasn't appeared to have worked thus far.

I am hoping I can get it going - it might have to be a reload of samples. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Best regards,
Andrew Harrison

Upvote 0
Back