Logic Pro (X) Sample/File Editor

michael e

Logician
I've recently downloaded Logic Pro X and I can't find the Sample Editor, I think it's now called the File Editor. I saw a you tube Tutorial of an earlier version of Logic X where you double click an audio file and a window opens up at the bottom of the screen, There I saw Track/File/Tempo. When I click my audio file and the window opens up all I see it File/Tempo. Can anyone tell me where to find the Sample/File Editor?

Hold the option key while double clicking the Audio region, that will open the audio file in the audio file editor as opposed to the track editor.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
See ? Prepare to fight the next boss...

Are these read only files, um, read only files ? Not kidding, I had people fail at trying to edit files on a CD...

Is Flex active on Regions of these files ? This may lock the files from destructive editing.

Are these AIFF files ? These may be stubborn. Convert them to WAV in the Project Audio Window and retry.

Finally, you are aware that Normalize and Reverse can both be done non-destructively in the Main window, right ?

Upvote 0
See ? Prepare to fight the next boss...

Are these read only files, um, read only files ? Not kidding, I had people fail at trying to edit files on a CD...

Is Flex active on Regions of these files ? This may lock the files from destructive editing.

Are these AIFF files ? These may be stubborn. Convert them to WAV in the Project Audio Window and retry.

Finally, you are aware that Normalize and Reverse can both be done non-destructively in the Main window, right ?
The next boss is kicking my ass.:)
These are files out of Loopcloud, which I had no problem with on Logic 9. I've just upgraded to logic X but at the moment it doesn't seem like a smart move. And , no, I didn't know you could normalize & reverse in the main window.

Upvote 0
Logic 9 to X was a huge jump in functionality eight years ago, even more so since we're at X.6 now, so be prepared to let go of quite a handful of now really dated workflows and embrace the many improvements that have happened since.

Upvote 0
Logic 9 to X was a huge jump in functionality eight years ago, even more so since we're at X.6 now, so be prepared to let go of quite a handful of now really dated workflows and embrace the many improvements that have happened since.
More than happy to do so, it's just frustrating, it's like trying to learn to ride a bicycle all over again.

Upvote 0
Back