Logic Pro 9 Why do the Quantize values Change?

David51

Logician
If I click-hold in the Parameter box for a track or region without setting any quantize value I get a very long list of choices. Later, after setting a quantize value the list is shortened, leaving out the the more radical fractions like 32/48 etc. Is there any way to get those choices back? Or change the value so a dotted 16th displays instead of a single 16th after the quantize has been set? I have drug? drugged? the dotted note from thee dots area of the tool palette and naturally it is missing the dot when it appears in the score. Just one more-What quantize value would allow dotted 16ths to appear in the score? Interpretation is off. Any one know this from memory? Your help will be gratefully appreciated.

I assume your quantization remarks all pertain to the Score Editor?

If so, I have no disappearing quantization issues here. I'm using 9.1.1 - your signature just says Logic 9.... not sure what version.

If you want to show dotted 16th, try any of the 32 quantizations, if you can find them - not sure why you can't.

Changing the quantization to one of the 16 quantizations can change a dotted 16th to a 16th, but may affect other notes.

Remember you can created as many regions as needed and assign them their own quantization value.

HTH.

Upvote 0
i wrote a long reply with quotes from Doug but I got the message "Your message is too short." I tried many times but it never worked-would it be possible to fix this somehow? To answer Dougs questions: yes,the score and Logic Pro 9.0.2 and the problem started when I made a region of one note, so that path seems not OK. I want to see if this can be posted before wasting more time,Thanks for the help Doug.

I tried to send an email to the Home page but after 4 times having to re-write the message because the Capcha thing doesn't seem to work and the message is deleted each time-very frustrating.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the posting problems.

I'm at a loss to explain your problem. If you want to post a file I'd look at it. Also, perhaps consider upgrading to 9.1 - might resolve the problem.

Upvote 0
'Why do the Quantize values Change?

Thanks Doug, I am dyslexic and hadn't yet seen the 9.1 was later than 9.0.2, you are most likely right,I will up date now and see what changes. Thanks too for the offer of more help, I will probably need it. I must buy the Apple certification book for Logic Pro 9, I don't have access to a machine that can print the manuals for a reasonable price. And having only 2k of memory I cant look up some thing and then close the manual and then look at the problem-the answer just isn't there anymore-Albert Einstein once said"Never commit to memory what you can find in a book". He didn't get on well with his wife , or so they say. Thanks gain for your amazing patience.

Upvote 0
i wrote a long reply with quotes from Doug but I got the message "Your message is too short."

This usually happens when you put your reply inside the quote tags. The forum software thinks it's just a quote with no reply.

e.g.
[KWOTE=...]quoted text here, NOT your reply[/KWOTE] Reply goes here

(NB I spelt "QUOTE" like that otherwise the forum would have displayed it as a quote)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help Pete, I am slowly getting the user conditions under control, this was the best tip yet about that. I don't want to turn this forum into the mess we made of a wind Instrument Controller forum, where one quoted reply takes several pages. So if a message consists of several questions, and I want to answer each question separately I need to add the [/KWOTE] and the answer here.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help Pete, I am slowly getting the user conditions under control, this was the best tip yet about that. I don't want to turn this forum into the mess we made of a wind Instrument Controller forum, where one quoted reply takes several pages. So if a message consists of several questions, and I want to answer each question separately I need to add the [/KWOTE] and the answer here.

The best thing is to edit the quotes down to just the main bit that you need to answer. This needs to be done carefully as you need to keep the [KWOTE] tags intact. You must have the start and tag (the end tag has the slash = [/KWOTE]

Upvote 0
Back