Logic Pro (X) Changing channel strips with Prog Change via IAC

Robert Wilson

Logician
Does anyone know if there's a way for multiple tracks to switch channel strip settings automatically?

I'm trying to set up a project for live performance that automatically switches channel strip settings but can only get it to work on one track at a time.
I've saved the channel strip settings as performances, set up an IAC bus and and put the program change events on an external track.
This worked well for switching channel strips on one track back and forth.
After a lot frustration, I managed to get it working on a second track. This involved creating a second instance of IAC bus (which may be completely the wrong way to go about it).
The problem I have with this set up is the events are only picked up on the highlighted track in the arrange window. This means only one track at a time will switch channel strips automatically.
I've tried moving the program change events in the timeline in case they were clashing but that doesn't appear to be the issue.

This is the current set up. Track 1 switches channel strips when highlighted, as does track 2, but not both together.

-UPDATE-
I hadn't realised that record enabling each track is needed for incoming MIDI to be picked up. After doing this I'm now seeing the channel strips change on both channels but intermittently, as though they're sometimes clashing with each other or something. Think it might be to do with the IAC settings but not sure.

IAC.png

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem, trying to do exactly the same thing. Did you receive any replies, or have you solved the problem outside of this forum?

Upvote 0
Back