Logic Pro (X) Score - Bar numbers

Not sure if any you use the score feature, but do any you smart people know of a way to get the score and main page bar numbers to match? I can change the bar numbers in score, bu then they no longer match the numbers on the main page or the editors.

We use bar numbers a lot in rehearsals, and a score should start numbering from the first full bar.

While I wouldn't count myself to the smart ones, if I understand your question correctly, the following might be of interest:
File->project settings->score->numbers&names->bar offset

Upvote 0
Hi Ab, Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of this offset, but what I'd like to do is get them to match, so that when I go back to working on the main page, the bar numbers remain the same as the score. TBH, I don't thnk it is possible...

Upvote 0
Hi Ab, Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of this offset, but what I'd like to do is get them to match, so that when I go back to working on the main page, the bar numbers remain the same as the score. TBH, I don't thnk it is possible...

I don't understand the question. If a region starts at bar 1, it will show as bar 1 in the score unless you do an offset.

Upvote 0
Here is an updated version of the question: I have been given a paper score. I have redone it in Sibelius. I am now synchronizing that with Logic using the rewire settings. Works great. However, the paper (and the Sibelius) score begin with 10 bars of introduction marked A through J. Then the actual 11th bar is marked 1. Can you offset the Logic arrange window to play the 11th bar onward as bar 1 onward? It seems like a simple feature request. "Bar number change" which would allow you to reset the bar numbering at a new section.

Upvote 0
I found a video showing a simple way to do this -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upvote 0
Thanks mdoolin! 8 bars should be sufficient in most cases. I usually leave 4 or 6 bars for data dumps, count in etc. Was it just your own inventive curiosity that led you to this?

Upvote 0
That's not me in the video, I just found it searching for this topic. I'm recording a student group right now. The teacher has all the scores, which are numbered from bar 1 whether there's a pickup bar or not, and he's asking for two bars of countoff for some tunes, four bars for others. Being a student group, there's a lot of punching in, so he's saying for instance, "let's redo bar 47". It's a lot of mental gymnastics for me to add 2 or 4 bars to that, dozens of times.

I realize I could have just set the countoff in Logic, but I'm used to just setting a start time and a punch time for punching, so I would have had to go back and forth between using the countoff and not. This way I can always work the same way I'm used to.

Upvote 0
Back